PROTOTYPE

(unity logo)

(https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/19/Unity_Technologies_logo.svg/1200px-Unity_Technologies_logo.svg.png)




I want to start off with some basic player movement so he can walk and jump, after this I will try and design some levels.

I start of by watching several tutorials on player movement just so I refresh my memory on the topic. I wanted to make movement WASD and make the camera third or first person. I began to make this happen the movement didn’t take me a while to make but I was reminded of the game Grim Fandango and then I thought of making player movement based on clicking. I watched several tutorials on how to achieve this.

The click movement gain did not take a while to make. I can see in the future pathing of the player being an issue. I want the camera of each section being static and being able to look over the entire level from a corner.  I also tried my hand at some level design but I scraped everything I made as I was not happy with what I have achieved I need to watch more tutorials on good level design.

 I wasn’t to research more about puzzle making and exploration games to help create more interesting segments of the game. I also feel like I have to commit more time to asset design because right not Im using basic geometric shapes.

Comments

  1. I agree that you should begin with player controls as im sure you will want to be able to move around your game world as your are designing the levels and will make finding potential flaws that bit easier.
    I also watched plenty of unity tutorials online to begin my game, they are very helpful.
    Did you watch them on youtube or the unity website or was it a mix of both?
    I've never player Grim Fandango, would you recommend it? and is your game going to have a similar system?
    What are your plans for the aesthetic of your game?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It also took me a while to find a suitable asset for my puzzle game and I kept changing my assets. It is also a good idea that your started the coding first before doing any designs to your game as making the player move is one of the most important thing. I am also wondering where do you watch the tutorial videos for your puzzle game? I am also doing a puzzle project but its a maze. What kind of style you want to design your game?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really enjoyed the blog, I love that you are adding the classic WASD feature I was just thinking of using just the arrows on the keyboard but I might reconsider now. Also I saw that you are adding in a third person and first person view I think in my opinion this might a great feature but very time-consuming as I had trouble even with my first person controller so I think you should just pick one of the player views. Other than that the theme of your game is very good them puzzle games are quite challenging and fun to play and even so to make.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Game Idea Research

Introduction too me