Game Idea Research


(Picture of several cogs)
(https://www.theknowledgeguru.com/dev/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/learning-game-design-mechanics-1.png)

 Hello im going to talk about some game mechanics that I think I will include in my game


(Image of a door puzzle in Skyrim)
(https://i.ytimg.com/vi/vWY7Nwuz5Nc/maxresdefault.jpg)


Since im making a puzzle game I want to include some interesting puzzles. I am reminded of exploring ancient ruin is Skyrim with an artefact on this artefact there would be an inscription and eventually you would get to a door where you would have to turn several wheels of picture for them to match up and in turn open the door I was thinking of including something similar to this in my game.


(Picture of the game temple run)
(https://www.ghacks.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/temple-run-2.jpg)

I was also thinking about how when Indiana Jones takes the golden statue in the first movie the temple starts collapsing.  I was wondering if the game would maybe turn into a quick race back to the start to a similar fashion to temple run.  Where the game would switch position and you would quickly run back while avoiding obstacles.

I also want to include several different buttons in each level that do not do anything to confuse the player.  Also I want to include button puzzles pressure plates where you need to place heavy objects, keys and maybe even a maze.

I myself aren’t always the best at puzzle games but I don’t want that stopping that making the puzzles easy  I want to avoid mistakes when making a puzzle game. I don’t want the puzzles begin to minimal and easy to solve and I want to throw some things that will distract the player almost like a safe room ( https://gameanalytics.com/blog/making-a-puzzle-game-avoid-these-5-common-mistakes.html ).

Thanks for reading hope you enjoyed

Comments

  1. Hey Aleks, hope your doing well!
    Well written blog post, I think your game idea is good. I'm always amused with puzzle games, they are fun and also good for your brain. I like how you've brought in different concepts and mechanics from various sources and made them your own, it shows your creative mind is at work Best of luck with your game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Aleks, really enjoyed your blog post this week. I love your idea to mix together slow puzzle elements with fast paced action sequences, brilliant! It reminds me a lot of the older God Of War games where one minute is a tricky puzzle and the next is all out carnage, could be a good piece if inspiration for you or at the very least a great game to play.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Akeks, i really enjoyed reading about you final game idea, Puzzle games are also fun and challenging, i think your added twist of having buttons that don't do anything is a n interesting premise to implement into your game. i think overall you have a solid idea in mind

      Delete
    2. Wow Aleks,,
      I really enjoyed reading your blog post. I think the puzzle idea is a really cool and interesting concept for the game. I have never played a puzzle game so I'm looking forward to seeing how your game would turn out. And I hope we are lucky to go back on campus so I can actually test out your game. I would love to know what all these puzzles would be like. Would they all be the same type or would they all be different types of puzzles. It would be good to have puzzles because they make you think. This would be educational for students. I would recommend adding some puzzles like riddles in the levels that are harder or if the option to set the difficulty and they set it to extreme. Or you could add in extra quests with extra puzzles. You said you play Skyrim and I know in that game that there is extra that don't continue with the storyline.
      - Cian

      Delete
  3. Hi Aleks!
    I really like your game idea I think it is very interesting game to work on and implement your coding and things that you have learned throughout Unity tutorials.I think with the puzzle game that you are thinking to make you can do a lot of expirimenting and try a lot of different things.I also like the way you have written your Game idea research it is very clear and easy to understand what your game idea is and what your game will look like when your finish.I also like the way that you are using images which makes it easy to visualise your game and looks good in your blog.It is nice that you are using a link for the page that I'm sure will help you in creating your game,Overall great blog and great game!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Aleks how are you? I have just finished reading your games idea research there. I really enjoyed reading it. I really like the idea of your game it seems like you have put a lot of thought behind it which is great! I loved the temple run gam, my game is similar to temple run too. I think the idea of using puzzles are great because it adds the challenging aspect into the game.
    Best of luck this semester and I hope your game goes well for you. I am looking forward to seeing and possibly playing it.
    -Mia

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction too me

PROTOTYPE