Introduction too me

Unity Logo
(https://unity.com/logo-unity-web.png)



Hello welcome too my blog this is a short introduction to me and what I am excited for in this module also since this module is about video games probably some of that.

Well firstly I always wanted to create a video game it's always been a dream of mine but seemed very complex it's actually one of the main reasons im in the course so now that we are making one as an entire module gets me excited for the semester. I'm Not exactly sure what kind of game I would like to create it would have to have a good story since thats what I look for in a lot of video games its either for it to tell a story or being able to create one in the game.

Recently I have been playing a lot of crusader king 2 which is a medieval grand strategy game however I don't know if I would call it that as there is a lot of luck involved since some wacky and unexpected things might happen for example slipping and dying with no heir too your dynasty causing you too lose the game or going insane and promoting your horse too be your chancellor. It's a very interesting game and if you have the rest of Paradoxes grand strategy games you can hold a mega campaign going from the age of antiquity all the way into the future and space colonization. I have been working on trying to this for quite some time now but with little success.

Hopefully I will achieve this soon and can have one of these mega campaigns I recommend anyone reading this too check it out on YouTube as it leads to some interesting countries coming out on top.

A picture of Plato's the Republic
(https://www.penguin.co.uk/content/dam/prh/books/354/35470/9780140455113.jpg.transform/PRHDesktopWide_small/image.jpg)


I have also tried to read more starting with Plates The Republic and I am currently around half way done im a extremely slow reader when it comes too books especially if i put it down i can’t seem to pick it back up im hoping to finish the book soon so that I can move on to another philosopher this time from Japan by the name of Yukio Mishima he lead a very interesting life and I do recommend that you at least watch a YouTube video about him or check out his Wikipedia page 

 

I hope you enjoyed this Intro too me and come back to read more of my blogs bye for now have a great day.


Comments

  1. Hi Aleks! I have a load of Yukio Mishima books if you ever want to borrow mine. The republic is currently on my "to buy books" as well so that's insane, I bought a greek mythology book the other week and it's really interesting so if you're into that sort of stuff I suggest Mythology by Edith Hamilton, the illustration is incredible. I can't wait to see your game project in the future though so i'll keep an eye out for your blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Aleks, I'm also very excited for this module and have the same problem as you on deciding what game I want to create. I like many different ones and it is a hard topic to decide on. Story games are great and really makes the player engage in it, they are one of my favourite. Goodluck with your game and reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Aleks, great to hear that you are excited for this module. I also am really excited to figure out what we are going to be achieving in this and also can't wait to start creating our final game, this is where are full creativity comes out. Also crusaders king 2 is a really cool game I've seen a few videos on it before and it looks like a really good strategy game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Alexs, really enjoyed your introduction post, it is well written and you have also given me a good suggestion for reading and some new games to try. Thank you for that! I'm happy to hear how excited you are for this module, looks like your dream of always wanting to make a video game is starting right here. Best of luck in this module and the rest of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Aleks, really enjoyed your blog post and I love the enthusiasm for the module! It's really interesting to see your thoughts and ideas on the games you've been playing in your spare time and how you might incorporate some ideas from those games into the one you'll make this semester. Hope it all goes well for you this year, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Aleks,

    It's always nice to met people who are just as interested in games as I am. I also enjoy games with a good story and I don't think there's enough of those especially in the current era of games. I know you'll get on great with game design especially if it's been a dream of yours to create a game and if you have the passion for it, it will definitely take you a long way so just keep grinding man.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Aleks!!
    i really enjoyed reading you blog entry and getting to know you a bit more, i have also been trying to read more books this year but i also have the exact same issue of getting sidetrack. i am also a big fan of Yukio Mishima and his philosophy, anyways wishing you luck with finishing that book

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Game Idea Research

PROTOTYPE