Alpha

(Unity screenshot)



Today I will be discussing the alpha of my game and how I am getting on with making it.

I have been working making the door work with different coloured pressure pads. This was slightly difficult to figure out as each pressure pad needed to be different as it would activated by a crate of the same colour. I had this bugging me for a bit of time but eventually I assigned each one a tag according its colour and I assigned each crate a tag so they are triggered by the specific crate. I also figured out how to make the door only open once for each crate so you cannot open the door with just one crate by taking it off and put it on. I made a prototype level sort of a tutorial and it’s playable

This is a big development for me because I thought it would take me way longer to figure out how to link the crate to the pressure pad. The fact I figured it out now I can now focus on getting assets and making the puzzles this makes creating the final game much easier as I essentially have the core mechanics.

Comments

  1. Hey Alek, I hope you're doing well. I see your game is turning out pretty well. Good job on getting the main mechanic of your game sorted. I'm sure the rest of your game will be easier to make now such as the puzzles. I'm sure you'll be able to find all the assets you need for your game. Hopefully the game turns out how you want it. I'm looking forward to seeing the full game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Aleks,

    I see you've made great progress on your game and that's always a great feeling when you feel like you're making a lot of progress on the game. The game sounds like it will be a lot of fun when it's actually done so I myself am looking forward to that. Can't wait to see the final touches you add to it and I'm sure it will be a great game to play in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Aleks,
    Your game looks to be coming along nicely. I'm very impressed that you figured out how to make the door open once for each crate. You seem to have this whole thing going well for you! I hope it turns out the way you want it to but I'm sure it will :)
    - Lauren

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Game Idea Research

Introduction too me

PROTOTYPE