Growth Mindset

(Image of Carol Dweck speakign)
(https://www.aapss.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Carol-Dweck.jpg)

Hello here is my opinion on the growth mind-set by Carol Dweck and how it influences us.

I haven’t heard of Carol Dweck before this week or her growth mind-set I think it could already be in a way implanted into schools in a way as in secondary schools people are mainly rewarded for showing there workings and not the final answer this would in my opinion be part of the growth mind-set I don’t know if this is working because I did terrible in maths so maybe its it implanted as well as it should be.

I can tell by my own mind-set that sometimes I fall into the growth mind-set I say sometimes because in some tasks it feels like im too stupid to do it and just want to quit but in other tasks I can just feel like it’s hard but I will get there soon and just have to keep trying I guess it really depends on the task.

My biggest learning challenge in the previous year was probably driving where at the start I was so terrified off though I would get into the car press the clutch pedal wrong and crash instantly but now I can easily dive even though I still have a lot of problems to iron out I know that if I just keep driving and keep trying I will eventually get there.

In TUDublin my biggest challenge so far was I n my own opinion web design where at the start I felt that it was impossible and now I feel like I have a little more grip on things. At the start of first year I thought learning too code and write html would be a gift from god that only a select few can access but now I know that anyone can really achieve it if they just try hard enough .

 

Im excited to see what I can try be better at this semester I think working on the video game will be a challenge but an enjoyable one and I believe at the end of it I will have expanded my knowledge greatly.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Game Idea Research

Introduction too me

PROTOTYPE